Jean-Hiram Coffy has significant experience in the following:
Developing Java middle-tier business logic for large hospitality Industry Company.
Architecting, designing, and building enterprise level N-tier distributed web solutions leveraging modern tools and techniques.
Architecting, designing, and building end-to-end N-tier online cloud-based, multi-media system integrating Saleforce™ CRM, Wowza™ Media Server to stream Video On Demand content from Amazon S3 to Flowplayer™ on Ubuntu 10.10 servers running J2EE6, Spring 3, MySql 5 sever, LDAP server and Glassfish v3.
Leading research work at Pitney Bowes R&D labs to identify emerging technologies relevant to Pitney Bowes’ core business and prototyping software systems to demonstrate business value. Led collaborative & multi-functional teams to develop innovative user-centered concepts with compelling business potential starting from idea generation to prototyping.
Working in various capacities in Pitney Bowes Product Development organization. Played major roles in the design and development of embedded software, firmware, and electronics hardware for new products.
- Awarded 21 Patents; Representative Patents:
- US Patent. No. 6,920,557 “System & Method for Wireless User Interface for Business Machines;”
- US Patent. No. 5,974,307 “Method and System communicating with a voice response unit over a cellular telephone network.”
- MS Degree in Computer Science, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Rochester, NY. 1999
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport CT. 1996
- AS Degree in Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Norwalk State Technical College, Norwalk, CT, 1985.
- XML: A Comprehensive Hands-On Introduction, Learning Tree International 2009
- FJ-310 Developing Applications for the J2EE Platform, Sun 2007
- Essential Java Web Server Development, Developmentor 2001.
- Java 2 Certification, Sun Microsystems, 2001
- Essential XML, Developmentor, October 2000
- Jini Code Camp, Sun Microsystems, August 2000
- Internetworking Microsoft TCP/IP, Productivity Point International, Inc. 2000.
- Essential Java, Developmentor 2000.
- JavaOne™ 2000-2003, 2005-2009.