By obtaining a patent, an inventor is granted exclusive commercial rights over their innovative creation such as the right to exclude others from making, using, offering for sale, or selling the invention throughout the United States of America or importing the invention into the United States of America. If you invented something new, you may be wondering: How do I patent my idea? It can be a challenging and confusing process. Before you begin filling out the patent registration form, it is recommended that you seek guidance from a qualified attorney.
At Coffylaw, LLC, our patent lawyers have more than 80 years of combined experience handling the full range of patent law issues — from preparing and reviewing patent applications to defending patent infringement and handling litigation. We are here to help you protect and defend your rights. To get immediate patent help in Newark, New Jersey, Brooklyn, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, or across the country, please contact our legal team today.
Patent Law Services We Offer in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
We offer a full range of patent law services to a diverse range of clients. Whether you are considering filing a provisional application, filing a design patent application, filing a utility patent application, you need a freedom-to-operate analysis, you are in the process of negotiating a commercial agreement, or you are defending against infringement, our law firm can help. Some notable examples of patent law issues we handle include:
- Patent Applications: We have deep experience with all aspects of the patent application process. If you are ready to file an application for patent registration, our team is ready to assist you. By adhering to a carefully crafted, multi-step application and filing process, our patent lawyers seek to get our clients results.
- Patent Defense: Patent infringement is a common problem. Our law firm helps clients defend their rights by taking proactive measures that allow them to explore all potential legal remedies. If you believe that your IP rights were violated, you should contact an experienced patent infringement attorney right away.
- Patent Litigation: Should patent litigation prove to be necessary, you will want a strong legal advocate on your side. We have extensive experience filing patent infringement lawsuits and defending our clients against legal claims. With any type of patent litigation, immediate action is a must.
- Internet & E-Commerce Issues: Our patent lawyers are well-versed in online and e-commerce patent issues. If you need guidance with an internet-related patent law matter, please do not hesitate to turn to our law firm for support.
- Patent and Antitrust Issues: Patent laws provide incentives for innovation and commercialization by establishing enforceable property rights for the creators of new and useful products and more efficient processes. Absent these laws, infringers could more rapidly exploit the efforts of innovators and investors without providing compensation. Certain types of conduct with respect to patent may have anti-competitive effects against which the antitrust laws can and do protect.